Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fiona Dorothy has a Double!

Fiona meets with Vlad, Phil and Liz
I am proud to announce that thanks to Sandy Mastroni, we now
have a perfect replica of Fiona Dorothy.  The "real" Fiona
is very busy taking naps and selling beautiful things, and this miraculous creation arrived just in time to take her place on an important diplomatic meeting (above).  Thank you, Sandy Mastroni!  You can see more of Sandy's creations HERE.

Now I'm noticing how badly tailored Phil's suit is.  Wouldn't you think he could afford something nicer?  Then again, since he's British (well, he's German, but let's not go there now) we should be glad he's not wearing one of those absurd pinstripe monstrosities they all seem to love.  I remember the first time I saw that pattern in a suit.  I was on the tube pulling out of King's Cross, and I was surprised that everyone wasn't staring and gasping like I was.  "Look, a complete douchebag!" I thought very loudly.  "Surely he's in the circus."  Since then, I've realized that a lot of people actually like these suits, at least enough to buy them.  And these people don't get fired from their jobs for wearing the suits.  The Cheap- Lawyer-from-the-70s look is hot in Olde Londinium!


The loud, wide tie, the man-bracelet, the pocket frightener, and what looks like a hairy neck.  How could anyone make so many bad decisions at once, and why is this guy wearing a sock on his left hand?  Never mind.  I don't want to know.  No, don't tell me.  I said stop.



I've been experiencing a creative lull recently, after battling with some health issues.  The sprockets are still turning, and I do have
the germ of an idea.  I'm at the stage where I'm buying lots of stuff essential items for this idea.  As all of you know, purchasing is a creative process in itself.  As soon as something is completed, of course I'll list it in the shop.  If it's something that's too big and/or heavy and/or delicate to be shipped (and I've made plenty of those) I'll post it here.  

In the meantime, here is my latest listing.  I created it over a year ago.  I passed it in the hall the other day and thought, "Wow, I like that."  Hopefully someone else will, too.  It's called "Cows to Cleveland."  I like the urgency of the telegram.  These cows were eaten over 100 years ago, and the people who ate them are long gone.  My urgencies now seem a little less pressing.  See detailed photos in the shop, link at top right of this page.